Sunday, November 18, 2007

A break from ranting..

Just finished listening to: Dreaming Out Loud (album) by OneRepublic

I just still am missing NZ. But as a wise and wonderful friend has mentioned to me, where I am is where I am. And yeah, that's the truth. It doesn't eliminate those bits of pain still within me, but at least I know that GOD is so huge that HE can envelope me while HE's giving me a huge hug I badly need right now.

So I guess, I will choose to have HIM take charge.

Now, looking at the bright spots thus far:

It was great for me to catch up with some friends from church. It's been ages since I last saw them and man I'm really thrilled to hear great news from them. Like a friend of mine is about to graduate from the university next month. And then another friend of mine just got married to an awesome godly woman (and I really think that they're a match made in heaven since the time we were classmates in ENLI). I'm also looking forward to getting plugged in a small group come next weekend.

Another thing, my adorable 2-year old cousin Eunice was dedicated yesterday. I feel so privileged yet humbled to be her godfather. Whoa! In Filipino context, being a godparent means having to lavish your godchild with gifts come Christmas, birthday, graduation and all those events in his/her life. Hmmm, I may or may not be able to give her heaps of presents. But just the same, I wanna let her know that she's special in GOD's eyes. That GOD's so stoked every time she sees her. And in a way, I wanna have a grip on how GOD parents us. In my immaturity and slight aversion towards kids (nice to look at but touch 'em at your own risk), I wanna grow in this aspect. I'm thinking that, hey this is perhaps why I'm still single right now. I'm thinking..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wise and wonderful friend?!?!?!

Wonderful of course, but wise I'm not so sure!

Missing you bro, will hit you back a reply to your msg tonight. Have an awesome week!