Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Whoasome!

Currently listening to: Boys Like Girls (album) by Boys Like Girls

Guess what?! I received an e-mail from Schmap Wellington Guide, asking my permission so that they can post one of my photos in the upcoming edition of their travel guide. Actually, this was just included in their short-list, so anything is still possible. Nonetheless, this is sweet!

I'm like, whoa! Like it was my first time to have a digital camera, let alone dabble with photography. Before, I'm not really keen to take photos because I feel like I might mess up with the photo. Basically it was fear that motivated me not to pursue things. Fear of rejection, fear of failure, fear of criticism.. Fear! 4 letter word, but nonetheless a powerful word that brings about dread and intimidation. And the truth is I lived in its shadows for so many years, perhaps most of my childhood and adolescence (fine, early manhood.. hehehe!)

But I must say that those 3-month stay in Wellington has instilled something in me. OK, something in me got unleashed as I spent those brief moments with my other family. Brief, yes. They may forget me sooner or later. I may forget them as I shuffle through life (I really hope not.) But I'm still thankful that even for a short time in my early 20's, something meaningful and life-enhancing has occurred to me. Somehow, I learned to love myself for the first time. For all my God-given strengths and limitations. I have somehow a sense of security, that despite the oppositions I may face, fear not! That somehow I am lovable for who I am. That I'm being transformed from glory to glory. That hey, I can take some decent photos that my mates appreciate and somehow miss. And one of those photos is being considered to grace a travel guide for future visitors of Windy Wellington, that spot in the world wherein a small and loving community hangs out together inside a cafe in Glover Park.

And here is the photo. I took this last November 1, just 5 days before I said "Au revoir, Wellington!" The mixture of joy and melancholy brought about by my 3-month experience have somehow inspired me in this photo. And yes, you guys (you know who you are).. you all inspired me! Sounds cheesy, but yeah whatever!

Blogged with Flock

1 comment:

Kiri said...

Well, you know... it's is a cool photo!!